"Right to Know" Source Information:
The Federal Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, requires that institutions of higher education disclose certain consumer information to current students, prospective students, current employees, and/or prospective employees. Links to descriptions of the consumer information and where to find it appear below. Paper copies of all information are available upon request.
- General Catalog: Course and Department Descriptions
- Undergraduate Academic Programs
- Graduate Academic Programs
- University of Utah Campus Map
Accreditation of Schools and Programs:
- University of Utah Accreditation - Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- University of Utah Specialized / Programmatic Accreditation
Cost of Attending
- Cost of Attendance
- Tuition Rates and Schedule
- Tuition Estimator
- Books and Supplies
- Student Housing
- Visitor Housing
Refund and Withdrawal Policies
Special Facilities and Services Available to Disabled Students
Student Body Diversity
Financial Aid Assistance
- Applying for Federal Aid
- Income Share Agreement
The University of Utah is no longer accepting applications for new Income Share Agreement (ISA) contracts. ISA information provided on our website is for historical and informational purposes only. If you are a current or past ISA recipient and have questions, please contact the University Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
Federal Student Loan Terms and Conditions
National Student Loan Data System
The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education's (ED's) central database for student aid. NSLDS receives data from schools, guaranty agencies, the Direct Loan program, and other Department of ED programs. NSLDS Student Access provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants so that recipients of Title IV Aid can access and inquire about their Title IV loans and/or grant data.
Additional Loan Information
- Truth in Lending Requirements
- Repayment Estimator
- Disbursement Information
- Exit Counseling
- Alternative Loans
- Alternative (private) education loans are processed by private lending institutions to be used to meet educational expenses. Alternative loans are not part of the federal student loan program and should be considered only when other options have been exhausted. We highly recommend that you apply for financial aid using the Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to seeking an alternative loan.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Financial Aid is contingent upon continued satisfactory academic progress towards a degree or certificate. The academic performance of students will be monitored every semester.
Students have the right to appeal any decision made by the Financial Aid and Scholarships office. However, the decision of the appeals committee is final, and no exceptions can be made for requests in violation of the Federal and State regulations, which govern financial aid.
Financial aid is available to qualified students who wish to participate on a University approved learning abroad program.
Contact Us for Financial Assistance and Institutional Issues
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 am-5 pm
Tuesday: 10 am-5 pm
Student Services Building
201 South 1460 East, Room 105
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus Security and Fire Report / Clery Act
The Student Right to Know Act was finalized November 1, 1999. It requires that institutions receiving Title IV funding disclose certain information, including institutional graduation rates and crime statistics.
Specific guidelines exist as to the method and timing for reporting/disclosure to potential students, current students, and employees. Institutions are required to provide enrolled students a list of the information to which the students are entitled upon request. The Higher Education Act (HEA) specifically requires that institutions provide the list annually to all enrolled students.
- Emergency Response and Evacuation Notification
- Daily Fire and Crime Log
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP)
- Vaccination Policy
- Student Retention, Completion, and Graduation Rates
- Graduation Rates for Student Athletes
- Placement for Graduates
- Transfer Out Rates